"Water Chestnut with Syrub and Coconut Milk" In other name. This recipe is very tastety and refreshing when you eat with shaved ice. Tub Tim Krob is also a component of Roum Mit. If you come to Thailand you will see this menu sell popularly in market and easy to buy with a little money. but if I say about how to cook I think it's opposite.
1. 800 g Water Chestnuts (Clean, Peel the skin off and Dice it for small pieces)
2. 2 1/2 cups Coconut Milk
3. 2 teaspoons Salt
4. 2 cups Sugar
5. 1 cup Fresh Water
6. 1 1/2 cups Red Syrup (Hale's Blue Boy Red Sala Flavour)
7. 500 g Tapioca Flour
8. Ripped-Ripe Jackfruit or Cooked Corn (For serve with Tub Tim Krob) (no need to have)
1. Soak prepared water chestnuts in red syrup for 15 minutes or until the color changed.
2. Mix the prepared red water chestnuts from (1) with tapioca flour until the skin of water chestnuts get covered, then boil it in hot water until it cooked and soak it in cold water. (boil until it floats)
3. Prepare the syrup by stir sugar and fresh water in the pot until it mixed together then switch off the stove
4. Put coconut milk and salt in small pot, then boil it up with low heat until it mixed together then switch off the stove.
5. Serve cooked water chestnuts in the bowl then scatter over with shaved ice, then pour prepared syrup, prepared coconut mik and ripped-ripe jackfruit or cooked corn. (should eat it immediately)